- free coaching year round
- access to a synthetic athletics track with full lighting and/or a grass track with synthetic jump pits
- IAAF standard athletic equipment
- membership pack
We provide a free trial period of 3 weeks to new members where you can come down and meet and train with one of our coaches and use the facilities.
Members have access to our training venues at VU Athletics Track and Sassella Park. For more information about our venues and training times click here.
Western Athletics proactively strives to keep costs down for our members while continuing to provide a fantastic environment for all members to achieve their goals.
For all membership queries please contact our Registrar, Adrian Jeffkins on 0448 329 577 or by email through our contact page.
Membership fees cover:
- Club fee - covers running cost of the club including track hire, equipment purchase and maintenance
- Athletics Victoria base fee - insurance including personal accident insurance, membership offers and discounts
- Athletics Victoria package fee (optional) - entry into cross country and/or track and field competition series.
- Athletics Victoria individual event entry (alternative to purchasing a package) - $25 Track and Field Shield per meet. Cross Country Open $35, Junior $30 per race.
The online portal for registration is located here or can be accessed below. New members will need to create a profile on the AV portal.
Athlete Open 20 yrs and above **
- + AVSL Track & Field Package $75
Athlete Junior 19 yrs and below **
- + AVSL Track & Field Package $60
Alternate First Claim
- Depends on age
* Must be a current financial member of Athletics Australia
** Family discount of $20 per person available when 3 or more Open or Junior athletes reside at the same address and register at the same time
THE MAX PACK
Members who choose to purchase both packages will receive the maximum discount.