WRRG aims to target the recreational runner.
Whether you want to participate in local fun runs, improve your fitness, lose weight or start running for the first time, WRRG is the group for you.
The group is designed for beginner and intermediate runners, joggers and walkers.
It is aimed at promoting a healthy lifestyle, providing social support and friendship in a non-competitive supportive environment.
- To provide participants with a positive, friendly and fun experience providing guidance on running and fitness in order to encourage a healthy lifestyle,
- To provide an inclusive environment aiming to engage all community and cultural groups in the local area,
- To help participants stay motivated in reaching their fitness and/or personal goals,
- To provide a non-competitive training environment accessible to all members of the community
Mentoring: Athletes and coaches from Western Athletics will provide guidance, assistance and advise on training programs, group training and personalised running programs are available from a qualified running coach.
Join us for training throughout the week. You can attend as many training sessions as you like.
- Tuesday and Thursday, 6:00pm - 7:30pm, VU athletics track Hoppers Lane.
- Saturday Pack Runs from April to September. Pack Run Details
- Refer to first column for Pack Run dates and location. 2017 Western Athletics Winter calendar
- Sunday 8.25am, You Yangs Regional Park, at the Rangers Hut