Track & Field Season - what to expect
This short guide in conjunction with the information on the AV website should help you negotiate the season
- Check the Athletics Victoria website for information regarding location, race start, times, entry, etc. athsvic.org.au/ .
- You can either take a season package or individual entries.
- You need to pre-enter the events via the AV Membership portal. https://members.athsvic.org.au/SignIn?ReturnUrl=%2fprofile%2f
- The Summer Team Manager and /or coaches will be able to help you with any questions.
- Wear your Western Athletics Uniform with AV bib.
- If you forget your bib number, please see the team manager so a temporary number can be arranged prior to competition.
- Western Athletics is in Yellow Zone for Shield competition
- When you arrive at Shield competition find the Western Athletics table and sign in.
- If you want to do a relay place your name on the relay sign in sheet. Relays are great for team bonding and also points.
- Let the summer committee and/or your coach know if you would like to compete at the ‘State Relay Championships’.
- Track event heats are organized based on time. The marshal will call your name.
- You will need to sign in for field and track events at the AV sign in table at least 30 minutes prior to your event’s start time. It’s best to do this when you first arrive, so that you don’t miss out.
- AV posts the rounds final timetable on the Thursday night. Please ensure you check to see if starting times have changed.
- Each week Western Athletics is allocated duties at various events and we will need your help at least one or two times during the season.
- You have to enter championship events separately on the AV website.
- Meet results can be found from AV Shield scoreMobile
AV Throwers is for discus, shot put, javelin and hammer throwers.
High Velocity is for sprinters, hurdlers and horizontal jumpers.
Rare Air is for high jumpers and pole vaulters.