Cross Country season - what to expect
The following should help you prepare for the Winter season
- Check the Athletics Victoria website for information regarding location, race start times, entry, etc. http://www.athsvic.org.au/ .
- You will need to either purchase a season's package or individual event entry through the AV Membership portal.
- The Cross Country (XCR) Team Manager and/or your coach will be able to help you with any questions.
- Athletes need to organize their own entry for individual races via Athletics Victoria’s online entry system and let the cross country team manager know when you have entered. Relays are entered by the Team Manager.
- Plan your trip carefully as races are at different locations in metro and country Victoria. Plan to be there about an hour before the first event.
- Wear your Western Athletics Uniform with AV bib numbers. Wear the bib with the timing chip on the front and the other bib on your back.
- Report to the start line 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. Check in with your team’s spotter if running a relay.
- On relay days report to your team manager and receive your team numbers.
- Let the team manager know if you would like to run in relays at least one week before so teams can be selected.
- Be prepared to be a spotter for a relay team or volunteer in other ways.
- You might like to bring some fruit or baked goodies to share post-race, when athletes stay round and chat. Cross country is a great opportunity to get to know other club members.
- Race results can be found on the Athletics Victoria website.
- Race highlights can be watched on athsvicTV.