The following information is correct as at 21 July 2020.
Visit https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus for the latest information on restrictions.
In metropolitan Melbourne and the Shire of Mitchell the following sport and exercise activities are restricted
- You can only exercise or undertake sporting activities outside with one other person or household members. You must be able to keep 1.5 metres distance between yourself and others.
- Indoor sports centres including gyms, training facilities and pools are closed.
- Community sport training and competition cannot occur.
- If you live in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire, you cannot attend or participate in community sport elsewhere.
- People aged 18 years and younger are not exempt from this restriction.
- Some outdoor sport facilities are closed.
- Personal training outdoors can occur but with a limit of two participants, in addition to the instructor.
- Swimming pools are closed.
Visit https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/sport-and-exercise-metropolitan-melbourne-and-mitchell-shire-covid-19 for further details on sports and exercise restrictions.
Updated restrictions - 11.59pm Wednesday 22 July 2020
Metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire
- People in these areas can only leave home for four reasons: shopping for food and supplies, outdoor exercise and recreation, medical care and caregiving, and study or work – if you can’t do it from home.
- You cannot have visitors to your home except for caregiving or compassionate reasons or receiving services.
- You cannot visit friends and family outside your home, except to see your intimate partner, for shared care arrangements, for caregiving or compassionate reasons, or providing services.
- You should only exercise with the members of your household or one other person, and you should stay as close to home as possible.
- From 11:59pm on Wednesday 22 July 2020 there are some extra restrictions that will apply:
- When leaving home for one of the four reasons, people 12 years and older must wear a face covering, unless an exemption applies.
- If you are in the car alone or with someone from your household, you do not need to wear a face covering. You should put your face covering on before you leave your car. If you are driving your car for work, such as deliveries, or with people from outside your household then you are required to wear a face covering.
- If you are doing strenuous physical exercise you do not need to wear a face covering but you must carry one with you. Strenuous exercise includes activities like jogging, running or cycling but not walking.
- People who live in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire must not attend a wedding outside these areas, unless they are working as the celebrant. The celebrant must wear a mask.
- People who live in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire cannot hold a wedding outside these areas, even if a booking has already been made.
Visit https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/updates/coronavirus-covid-19/updated-restrictions-1159pm-wednesday-22-july-2020 for further details on the updated restrictions from 11.59pm Wednesday 22 July 2020.
Werribee VU Athletics track is Closed
The VU Athletics Precinct and Track is closed for access until restrictions are eased further.
Although exercise is allowed as per the current restrictions, this unfortunately cannot take place at the VU Athletics Track.
The VU Athletics precinct is not a public reserve and has been closed by Wyndham Council. The track is not to be accessed until further notice.
Personal training outdoors can occur but with a limit of two participants, in addition to the instructor. If you are a full-time personal trainer or athletics coach this applies to you. Part-time coaches or casual coaches cannot coach two people outdoors.
This advice on coaching is provided by Athletics Victoria based on correspondence with DHHS. Further details can be found on Athletics Victoria's website here: https://athsvic.org.au/reminder-current-covid-restrictions-metro-melbourne-and-mitchell-shire/