What an amazing week of Athletics took place at the Australian Track &Field Championships held in Sydney recently. With 29 athletes over 22 events we had some outstanding successes and excellent results for our athletes.
All up we had:
6 Individual Gold Medalists
- Frankleen Newah-Jarfoi U15M 100m and Long Jump
- Jamieson Battistella U20W High Jump and Heptathlon
- Aliyah Canepa U18W Hammer Throw
- Mia White U17W 2000m Steeplechase
2 Relay Gold Medalists
- Brayden Portelli U18M 4x400m Relay
- Morgan Mitchell OpenW 4x400m Relay
1 Silver Medalist
- Aliyah Canepa U20W Hammer Throw
2 Bronze Medalists
-Heath Beveridge U17M 5000mW
There were also 16 Top 10 finishes, 4 top 10 finishes and 4 top 15 finishes.Numerous PB's and Club records were achieved too.
Well done to all competitors ,their coaches, families and friends.
WOW. Congratulations to Frankleen Newah-Jarfoi equal 1st place in U15m 100m at National Track and Field Championships being held in Sydney. Fantastic effort.
Congratulations to Ryan Braithwaite and Jai Lever on qualifying for the next round of 400m in their respective age groups.